4 hour in-person workshop at River Run
Advanced Fermentation: Koji-Miso-Amazake
Note: This workshop is best suited to those that already have some experience making fermented foods, or ambitious newbies.
- Tea, coffee, light plant based lunch including sourdough bread, cultured plant based cheeses and a variety of fermented food and drinks
- Light rice koji spores (aspergillus oryzae) to inoculate 5kg uncooked substrate
- A detailed pdf outlining the process and recipes covered in the workshop
- 600mL of your homemade miso to take home
What you’ll learn:
- How to build a Koji incubator
- How to make Koji safely
- How to make miso
- How to make Amazake
- Some of the science and history of Koji
All workshop sales are final, we don’t offer refunds or rescheduling.